Awoke to a stunning clear morning and a flat tire. Did our penance in the form of three more big climbs, and were rewarded with stunning views of Rocamadour, miles of stunted chestnuts and oaks, a long descent into a canyon that spat us out at the Lot river, and no more flats.
We opted to ride the extra 14 km into Cahor (never volunteer for more riding after 4 pm) so now we are hot and tired and have no dinner fixings. Guess that we will have to eat out in Cahor.
We sat down with a glass of beer in our dead-quiet campsite and wham - the tiny train full of retired folks arrived back from town. We are clearly at our own end of the bell curve ...
Your trip and photos look/sound amazing. You both are so brave. As I drag myself to do anything ... I think of you. In honour of you, I'm making your quinoa salad tomorrow night for the managers who are coming over for supper. Looking forward to more posts. Leah
ReplyDelete